SOLVED Why am I being told to "log in" 20 to 45 times a day? First thing on arrival is log in. Expected.

Reaction score
That leads to a second log in screen (different picture). As long as I am using the mouse or keyboard, all is well. If I leave my desk for, say 7-10 minutes the screen goes back to a scenic picture, touch the mouse & it's login, then the 2nd login, then I can work. I'm sick of the dang LOG-INS!! It goes on all day. When I leave, I close all programs & lock the screen. Please help me stop getting these two-at-a-time login screens!! They are driving me mad.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Go to All settings, click on accounts, click on sign in options, then in the "require sign in" click the box for the drop down menu and select never.

Reaction score
He may not find that setting. It is connected, since a recent update, to the fingerprint and visual recognition log in.

I understand that very few computers at present have this available, but it is being "worked on"
Here is the official list so far
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/view-all-devices?col=windowshello

In the event that the "device" is not compatible, you get this at the mentioned screen

Capture.PNG

Reaction score
Go to All settings, click on accounts, click on sign in options, then in the "require sign in" click the box for the drop down menu and select never.

I did what you suggested, then just walked away from the computer for 30 minutes. When I returned, I had 2 log in screens to go through just to get to my desktop!! G-G-R-R-R!!

Reaction score
Lost 8GB of documents, hundreds of downloads, 54 years of research, but I have a brand new copy of Windows 10 to figure out what to do with every morning. I guess a new copy is their idea of a fix. I give up!!

Ask a Question