SOLVED Why did I get a message that there was fraudulent activity on my Laptop?

Reaction score
I got an e-mail from a utility compare website as I have been looking for cheaper electricity recently and I assumed that my details were spread amongst these sites. I followed the instructions and got the message that they have checked and there was fraudulent activity on my Laptop and that I should ring them instead. I don't see how that can be as I am a senior citizen and I use Windows 10 protection on my Laptop which is only about 6 months old. I immediately deleted the e-mail and as I thought that it was a SCAM.

I got an e-mail from Edge about two weeks ago to change my password on one of the sites that I use to purchase things from and I changed my Password.

Has anyone got any thoughts on that e-mail and is there anything that I can do?

Is it possible that fraudulent activity has tried to gain access to my Laptop and If so what are the precautions that I should take?

Thanking you in advance for your suggestions and help.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Yep....it's a scam.

got an e-mail from Edge about two weeks ago to change my password on one of the sites that I use to purchase things from and I changed my Password.
This is an oddity.....but none the less, I would change all my passwords at this point.

Ask a Question