SOLVED Did today's Update turn on a Feature?

Reaction score
The update today, Mar 10 KB4540673, seems to have added some type of sharing/connecting capability. I got a blue pop-up window showing ways to maintain connectivity were available that I have not noticed before.

I wonder if they are doing 20H1 like they did 19H2 by using CUs to perform the actual upgrade..?

Reaction score
hmm. the update took a little longer than usual _ but no popup!I had a look around, but could not find anything new - including connectivity

Maybe it mad a change in your settings? I am thinking these ones?

1583870555051.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
I followed the link through . Reading it a couple of times, it seems that only those still on 1903 need to action something. I got that "switch on" on the 13th of November last year.

Reaction score
I am using 1909 so I have left everything alone, I did not get any pop-ups at all myself!. :)

Reaction score
I have only seen the popup on one system, so it may have been a fluke. I do, however, see references to 20H1 in my registry. They appear to have been there prior to KB4540673. Maybe the prior Optional Update was involved but no way for me to know now..

The popup was like one of those "see what's new" messages so it may have just been on a timer and had been waiting and was not actually related to the update. If it was a new feature, the Insiders may know.. I remember references to the Task View button, which has been on these systems for a long time. It does not appear to be one of the 13 New Features in that listing..

Reaction score
Just updated my 2nd computer and still no pop-ups, that message you saw is quite normal I would say!. I will do the other two computers in the next few days and see if there are any changes. :)

Reaction score
Thanks Wolfie, I have two more systems to update so I will see.. I have one system which has not yet gotten any of the recent updates, so I will be checking it to see if any of the 20H1 entries in the Registry are there prior to doing those updates..

Edit: The 20H1 registry entries have been there at least since the Nov. 2019 CU was done..

Since the RTM has already been made available to the Insiders, I do expect some movement on that front for the public in the next few weeks. I do not know if they will do that update as a complete build upgrade or a incremental install like they did with 19H2..

@davehc I did make sure have have those boxes checked on the last system I upgraded but no popup happened..

Last edited:
Reaction score
Warning for the daring!
For curiosity, I joined the insider program and downloaded the rtm.
There is a warning that some older 32 programs may have problems. I immediately found the biggest. On my budget, I cannot keep updating to newer versions of ms products. Office 2016, inclufing, of cours , Outlook, was missing many files and refused to run. I had chosen to keep my old data. Several other smaller programs also gave trouble. Writing this on my Ipad whilst my old image reloads - lol

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Whoa.....
What are we calling
Admittedly with domestic politics, stock market and caronavirus events I've not been too attentive to what's going on with Windows 10 News, but....
I would assume that if you had to join or re-join the Insider Program to get the "rtm", it's probably not actually the RTM, so anyone who can update me on the most recent happenings I'd be greatful.

Reaction score
It would be interesting to see if anyone had enabled the clipboard history after using the Winkey+V sequence.. The message does act like an OOBE message and shows up during the reboot after the last update.. Two systems so far have seen it.

o anyone who can update me on the most recent happenings I'd be grateful.
This has been mentioned before in the Insider's thread.

Reaction score
Whoa.....
What are we calling

Admittedly with domestic politics, stock market and caronavirus events I've not been too attentive to what's going on with Windows 10 News, but....
I would assume that if you had to join or re-join the Insider Program to get the "rtm", it's probably not actually the RTM, so anyone who can update me on the most recent happenings I'd be greatful.
Ok. Nothing weird going on!
As a result of a casual remark in this thread, I did a little browsing. Found this (well known and trustworthy) site.

I followed the link and found I wad on, in fact, the Microsoft download page, but was required, through yet another link, to log in to the Insider program. Did this, went back to the download page and selected, as requested, my choice (64bit) and grabbed the download. - all legit

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Thank you both, much appreciated.
So, I'm not as far in arrears as I thought.
Currently I'm keeping an eye on my "Release Preview" ring machine, which is still stuck at 1909 Build 18363.719
I hope that it'll show some actual advancement towards the whole 20H1product at some point in advance of the actual RTM.

ReleasePreview.png

Reaction score
Not forgetting the , apparently, increasing climate change problems. I m currently sitting with an unprecedented rain storm ( for this time of the year) howling outside.

Reaction score
I am getting KB 4551762 right now and a machine which had not gotten the earlier update has skipped it..

Version now is 18363.720

Last edited:
Reaction score
Since the builds are now exactly the same, I would expect the build change, however they will do it, to be close..

The system that skipped the Tuesday build also showed the OOBE type message after it rebooted..

Reaction score
The update today, Mar 10 KB4540673, seems to have added some type of sharing/connecting capability. I got a blue pop-up window showing ways to maintain connectivity were available that I have not noticed before.

I wonder if they are doing 20H1 like they did 19H2 by using CUs to perform the actual upgrade..?
I didn't receive a pop-up window, but a registry addition I had made was deleted. Is that normal?

Reaction score
I didn't realize that. Fortunately, I had notes regarding the registry change, but what a pain! Thanks for your reply.

Ask a Question