Why does my wifi adapter get turned off immediately W10 starts to load ?

Reaction score
HP-Compaq 6510b, W10. I installed W10 about 3 months ago, all worked fine, but now I'm having problems using my Wifi connexion to the Internet. The indicator lamp is on when I turn on the computer, but cuts out when W10 starts loading. I can try to activate the adaptor by pressing on the indicator lamp, still doesn't work. I tried inactivating and activating the driver, no effect; I plugged in a TrendNet USB Wifi adapter (realtek motor), this works.
The problem has only appeared lately. Could it be the side-effect of an update ?
Many thanks for any hard information, Nick

Reaction score
on every laptop you have something to cut wifi like a button on the side or a soft from compaq where a soft button wifi turn off

you check it ? on your manual its write its the button 4 on the top of your keyboard?

upload_2016-5-25_10-44-2.png

Reaction score
I installed W10 about 3 months ago, all worked fine, but now I'm having problems using my Wifi connexion to the Internet.

The problem has only appeared lately. Could it be the side-effect of an update ?
Not likely any side-effect if it worked fine 3 months ago and only recently started acting up. Plus, if it works with the TrendNet adapter, that suggests Windows is working fine.

I would check HP for current drivers but I suspect the devices is failing.

Reaction score
ha ok maybe its a driver update that its wrong so go on the brand of the network card and try updating the driver ...

habitually its intel.com for this but sometime its others wifi brand like broadcom!

Ask a Question