Why does Windows 10 NOT WORK CORRECTLY.....

Reaction score
There is No Doubt that Windows 10 has been dumped on an unsuspecting public before it was fully ready for use, We seem to have continuing problems that require an EXPERT "in depth" knowledge of computing to solve satisfactorily. Why is this happening. All Windows 10 users should simply sue Microsoft for providing a product, and in a good percentage of cases "FORCING" this change on them without recourse. It is simply not acceptable .If you agree with me please voice your own thoughts. This needs to STOP.

Reaction score
Windows 10 was open to the public for testing, long before its public release. The principal reason was for "testers" to comment and suggest improvements to the GUI, but consideration was also given to positive feedback on performance of the OS and its contained items.
For me, maybe I have been lucky. I have installed, and upgraded, a large number of computers locally. All have been successful, with reserve for some "how to" feedback.
Essentially, all were asked not to start diving into the registry..etc.. until they were familiar with the new OS One criteria, wherever it was possible, was to ask them to limit how much of their old software was installed at the time of the upgrade. With a fresh install, this was of no consequence.

Reaction score
erm thanks for your comments... Firstly these issues shouldn't be happening in the first place.Secondly the only way to resolve them is play about with the registry or "live with the problem" MOST choose to deal with the issue after getting advice online. Thank god we have recourse to the internet or I would have binned my computer long ago. The point I'm making is this .... windows 10 is a complete mess and continues to be so... it is NOT user friendly and you expect everyone to be computer geeks and to solve your own ISSUES for you lol What should happen is this. Windows 10 should be withdrawn immediately until it actually works and windows 7 reinstalled in ALL computers until it is "fit for purpose" which it absolutely 1000 % is not at the moment.

Reaction score
Hi Gideon erm mate I don't even know what a classic shell is lol which is exactly the point I'm making. Most people just want a system that works and does exactly what you want it to do .... LIKE loads up and works when you switch it on. lol

Reaction score
Like Gideon I have been on the Insider program since the beginning and with another PC where I just took the free upgrade from 7 to 10.

I have been into the registry just once in all this and that was to disable the Caps Lock Key which I have done on every release of Windows since W95.

I think that in general W10 is user friendly but it is not particularly geek friendly.

My PC running the production stream of W10 just works and does what I want it to do when I switch it on.

Reaction score
Hi Tim I think your missing my main concern.... The majority of computer users myself included do not have the knowledge to go delving into the registry to change things in fact I happily concede I have no idea what I'm doing...like millions of others who use this erm system daily we just want it to work but its not working effectively at the moment is it. It doesn't take an expert to realise that this system is so far from actually been ready for the general public as a raw rice is from eating.sorry for bad example but you get the message I'm sure. FRUSTRATED ANGRY UPSET damn right I am lol and I'm guessing I'm not alone lol

Reaction score
I upgraded to Win 10 from Win 7 back when I first was able to. I haven't had one single problem until today. I was minding my own business surfing the net and I got a popup saying that I had to restart Win due to updates. When I did my computer took about 45 minutes to boot up. I then noticed that things were not working properly and some of my programs would not run. I checked and my Win 10 Pro was "upgraded" to an Insider Edition. I was getting many errors saying this and that was not compatible with Insider Editions. This is something I never asked for. I rolled back and now have my old version of Win 10 Pro back and everything is working great again. So for you people that are having problems I now believe they are very real. And I feel for you.

Reaction score
Hi Gideon erm mate I don't even know what a classic shell is lol which is exactly the point I'm making. Most people just want a system that works and does exactly what you want it to do .... LIKE loads up and works when you switch it on. lol
That is why I provided a link.

Reaction score
That's the point Gideon I don't want to know because I AND EVERYONE ELSE should not have to put these issues right they should already be done.It is NOT down to the end user to solve issues for Microsoft that they created themselves.Simples

Reaction score
Mith, you have a lot of valid points. Unfortunately, there are so many different types of computers in the world that it is impossible to make an operating system that will work perfectly on all of them. These problems occur on every new Windows operating system.

I humorously recall, from a couple of decades ago, that the common advice was not to install a new operating system until it had been out for a while--let the geeks solve the problems first.

Reaction score
That's the point Gideon I don't want to know because I AND EVERYONE ELSE should not have to put these issues right they should already be done.It is NOT down to the end user to solve issues for Microsoft that they created themselves.Simples
But it is. Microsoft laid off most of their debugging team, so it is up to the end user. My suggestion is to just stick with an older version of Windows. FYI, with the exception of maybe Windows 7, none of their OS's have worked properly out of the box. Every one has needed tweaking. You may actually find something like Linux Mint to your liking. Once you get past the misconceptions, it's a relatively easy to use, and extremely secure OS. The only issues are with making wifi work correctly.

Reaction score
I don't think modern Linux distros such as Ubuntu and Mint have any problems with WiFi.

Reaction score
I've been using Windows OS's going back to Win 3 and I've found them all to be full of bugs. I will also say the same thing about Internet Explorer - full of bugs. You would think that after 30 years of designing software MS would one day get it right !

Reaction score
I have also been using Windows since 3.11. I was fortunate enough to skip Vista, but every system that I used worked well. There were minor problems, but I enjoyed all of them.

Ask a Question