Touch Keyboard doesn't work on Windows 10 Tablets

Reaction score
My company recently bought some Windows 10 tablets. They are working alright except that we are having serious issues with the touch keyboard. We are developing a fullscreen application that will not have access to the taskbar, so pressing the keyboard button on the taskbar is NOT a solution.

• When the keyboard is open the bottom half of the screen is inaccessible. I expect something like Android or iOS where the screen is basically split when the keyboard is open, so that the whole screen is accessible.

• When you touch in a password field the keyboard will not open, and if the keyboard was already open it goes away.

• The keyboard opens up on almost every touch, even if there is no input box the keyboard will open
The tablets are all updated to the latest release. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Can you explain.....
Is this behavior an Out of the Box Experience???
OR
Is this behavior only present after your "App" has been installed or when it is being used.

IF this is how the device behaves when first taken out of the box (brand new, all manufacturer's defaults), then that would suggest a problem with the tablet.
IF it happens after your "App" is deployed onto the device, then that might suggest that that "App" is at fault.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
No, sorry, I don't but,
IF....
My company recently bought some Windows 10 tablets.
AND
They were all exhibiting this behavior Out of the Box.
I would be contacting the vendor or the manufacturer to see if they had a remedy and IF they didn't, I'd be looking to return them under warranty for replacement or refund.

Reaction score
You posted "They are working alright except that we are having serious issues" In my books if they have serious issues they are not working right. I wouldn't hesitate to return the refurbished tablets to the vendor.

Ask a Question