SOLVED Mouse, Keyboard and Touch Screen Don't Work

Reaction score
Please help needed
i have started the upgrade from Windows7 to 10 on my Asus all in one 64bit computer and i am now sat looking at the welcome to windows 10 screen BUT i cannot proceed any futer as my mouse,keyboard or touch screen no longer work any solutions would be helpful.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Do you have a spare USB Keyboard and USB Mouse to test to see if they might help you get past where you're at now?
Often some USB dongles supporting wireless devices might produce some problems during the upgrade or even briefly thereafter until the appropriate drivers can be found and loaded.
The best bet when performing the upgrade is to detach any and all peripheral devices except the USB Keyboard, USB Mouse and Montior.

Reaction score
Some of the ASUS All-in-Ones are not suggested for Windows 10. Which one do you have? My XPS 2720 seemed to upgrade normally from 8.1 to 10.

Don't rush the install. Make sure and give it a reasonable amount of time to complete the process. If you have a lot of data to copy around, it might take a while. Hopefully you have enough room on your Hard Drive.

Reaction score
Do you have a spare USB Keyboard and USB Mouse to test to see if they might help you get past where you're at now?
Often some USB dongles supporting wireless devices might produce some problems during the upgrade or even briefly thereafter until the appropriate drivers can be found and loaded.
The best bet when performing the upgrade is to detach any and all peripheral devices except the USB Keyboard, USB Mouse and Montior.
i borrowed a wired mouse and it worked to a point. i am now on the go back to previous build page and have been for the last 3 hours or so i will leave it overnight to see if anything happens

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
As I mentioned above, we've heard of any number of attached peripheral devices causing some problems so you may want to make sure you are just using a USB keyboard, mouse and the monitor and detach anything else.
One member even reported a USB attached printer causing some issue during his install.

Reaction score
[Q
As I mentioned above, we've heard of any number of attached peripheral devices causing some problems so you may want to make sure you are just using a USB keyboard, mouse and the monitor and detach anything else.
One member even reported a USB attached printer causing some issue during his install.[/QUOT
i just want to go back to windows 7 and the only thing connected to my computer is the wired mouse

Reaction score
I wouldn't think "overnight" would be a reasonable amount of time. Maybe 3 or 4 hours if you have a lot of data, but if it is not showing some signs of progress there may be some type of driver or space problem the install is trying, without success, to repair.

Reaction score
when i clicked on the microsoft upgrade i had to use disc d as c was too full dont know if that makes a difference.i also left everything plugged in printer etc

Reaction score
Back To My Beloved Windows 7 tYhank You For Your Help BUT How Do I Get Rid Of The Get Windows 10 Notifacation In The Bottom Left Of My Screen??

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I've had some success using this.
http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/gwx_control_panel.html
Just use the two Disable Get Windows 10 and Disable Operating System Upgrades buttons.

It seems Microsoft is getting more creative about rolling out the updates to re-enable the GWX.exe stuff even after you disable it, so don't be surprised if you have to run it again later on.

Reaction score
just tried it Disable Get Windows 10 and Disable Operating System Upgrades buttons. found the first one and disabled it but cant see the second one

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Depending on the status of your current system installation you may not have the GWX.exe app running, so....
Depending on what it shows in the top boxes might indicate what is available for you in the bottom button selections.

Capture.JPG

Ask a Question