Keyboard & mouse not working, windows 10 hangs at welcome screen.

Reaction score
Hi,
I was installing Adobe premiere on my pc (desktop) and another software for designing 3d animation.

In the middle of the installation, my computer hung and so I had to restart the pc..

After I restarted my pc, the screen then came to welcome screen ( the screen which comes right before we enter our computer password) and stays there.. Basically it hangs here Everytime I restart my computer ...
Please advice as to what I can do

My pc details.
i54440
Nvedia 610
16GB ram

Both my mouse and keyboard are USB based.
My keyboard is a wireless keyboard and I'm using a wired (USB) mouse attached to my USB hub..

Reaction score
Hello I don't know if I can reach you now since it's been a long time that you've posted this .but i have the same problem and I could not find a solution .. if you did , can you help if you remember of course ,and thank you. I hope you see this

Reaction score
I missed that post 2.5 years ago but would have suggested simplifying things with the hardware by using a Wired Mouse and Keyboard plugged into the USB 2 ports, not USB 3 ports. A basic issue is most computers have USB 2 support in their BIOS on the motherboard but USB 3 doesn't get support until the drivers get loaded by the OS/Operating System. Sometimes the USB ports on a front panel may not work, are plugged into the motherboard separately connected from the back ports.

Ask a Question