Keyboard / mouse not working

Reaction score
So, with the latest windows update (Not sure this is the cause but it's the boat recent change) my keyboard and mouse no longer function at the login screen. They seem to light up at first and are even usable in the bios menu and what not, but just before the bootup screen transitions to the login menu. I've tried everything I can think of.
System
Windows 10 of course
ASUS X-99 deluxe 3.1 mono
Logitech G910 Orion spark usb keyboard
Logitech G900 wireless usb mouse

Last edited:
Reaction score
HI hodork,

shut your PC down, switch the USB ports for your devices and then restart your PC, it may/should find new hardware and install the drivers for you!. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I've done that already without success unfortunately. Ive also disconnected all USB devices and let it boot to the login screen then plugged them in again. I changed the bios to do full initialization of all USB ports not just the partial keyboard and mouse only. Can't do a system restore for some reason either

Reaction score
I have and it isn't able to repair anything.Attempted from a USB. Can't seem to find my windows CD

Reaction score
Hi hodork,

are your mouse and KB running via a wireless USB hub?. If they are, try connecting a standard mouse &KB via USB connections!. :)

Ask a Question