Why Don't I Have Full-Admin Rights to Any Photos on my Desktop?

Reaction score
OK, so I changed the title from ALL CAPS. Hope everyone is happy, but I still maintain MS has NO BIZ telling me I'm NOT the Admin, or changing it. I may not be a certified geek, but I know enough to know when I've been fooling under the hood. Just a couple of weeks ago I KNOW I had FULL ADMIN rights to copy any file/photo off of my desktop. Now, I can't send anything from my desktop, and I desperately need to send scrnshots to support groups but I can't cuz some MSoft gremlin changed it on the fly. :mad::mad::mad: It's got to be something simple bcuz I know I didn't intentionally change any permissions for something like that. :mad::mad::mad::mad: Also, I changed the UAC controls to the bare minim and it STILL won't give me control. I've also run a very good virus control and that doesn't help either. SO WILL SOMEONE PLS HELP ME? What kind of pentance do I have to give?

Reaction score
Can you right-click one of the image files and check Properties? It should show the folder it's stored in which by default is C:\Users\USERNAMEHERE\Pictures. Downloading from the Internet frequently defaults to C:\Users\USERNAMEHERE\Downloads.

Reaction score
Thanks Bighorn. SERIOUSLY! I hope you appreciate my ALL caps. So, here's the location for the specific file I'm speaking of:

Can I posit a possible solution? I think something in OneDrive is plaguing me. I HATE THAT FREAKING APP! Is there any way I can "divorce" myself from that beast? I have a huge 40gig drive that's connected to a Yahoo acct. But the "default" acct is attached to my gmail acct. Unfortunately, I can't assign it to my default email that I use for this site. But I HATE how MSoft backs up everything to that drive by default. How do I shut down that feature ENTIRELY!!! MSoft, GTF OUT OF MY LIFE!
Thanks Bighorn,
UB

Reaction score
The only thing that could be considered 'bad' with all caps is that on most forums, chats, etc., is they amount to shouting.

I have OneDrive deleted from File Explorer on my computers as I don't use it. One thing to keep in mind with Windows is that customizations may be undone/reset to default at the next Version Upgrade or maybe with Build updates to those versions.

Ask a Question