Why is Windows so crap with Bluetooth headphones?

Reaction score
I have a quite an expensive pair of Bluetooth headphones, but I just cannot get them to work properly with Windows. They do connect and sound is good, but certain features cannot be used. Like for example play next track or go back one track. This works perfectly with Android, but Windows forget it. I tried all my different players Winamp, Windows Media Player, VLC, etc but no dice only works properly on Android. With Windows the only thing you can do is, adjust volume, stop and start and that's it- every time want to change track have to go to the computer and change tracks manually-very frustrating. Anyone got some ideas how to cure that?

Reaction score
My fairly expensive Puro headphones don't have any facilities to skip tracks or replay tracks. But they do have good sound and connect easily.

Reaction score
That sounds more like an issue with the Bluetooth driver....?
Yeah tried that too, getting latest drivers etc. It's a pain in the what's name. Well looking back Bluetooth has always been bloody useless ,there are constant issues. Other day I tried to connect some earbuds to phone, which normally work perfectly on Android, but they just wouldn't connect, eventually sussed out reason being the computer Bluetooth was on, so the only way to solve it turn off the Bluetooth on computer, then phone connected to earbuds. Bluetooth really is the most crap thing ever invented, as far as I'm concerned, it's fine when it works, but when there are problems you fart around with it for ages trying to sort it out. These days anything I buy has Wireless 2.4 dongle, which is far more reliable, never had any problems with that. Only problem is, it takes up another port, but that can be solved with extra hub.

Ask a Question