Windows Update Failing KB5009543 - (0x8007000d) and DIm Error: 0x800f081f

Reaction score
My windows update is totally hung up on this new package....

When trying to run the update through the Windows Update it keep throwing error "(0x8007000d)"
I have tried running this quite afew times, after clean boots, etc....

it appears that maybe the patch download might have been corrupted and windows will not fix is???

I have gone into the CLI and tried to fix this based on some research... Tried running
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth in powershell. This spits out this "Error: 0x800f081f"

I also ran sfc /scannow and it spit out
"Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them.
For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at
windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline
repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag.
Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them.
For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at
windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline
repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag."

chkdsk also didn't report anything and the hard drives health are totally clean based on hard disk sentential.

I also tried the manual install and that failed as well...

I am not quite sure what the proper next steps here should be and was wondering if someone was willing to give me a hand on fix this...

Cheers

Last edited:
Reaction score
Whenever you get update errors it's wise to run a dism /online /cleanup-image /checkhealth command from an elevated prompt to check the component store. If that detects any corruptions then run a dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth command to check whether the component store files are repairable, if this indicates that they are repairable then run a dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth command.

Once the component store is known to be good run an sfc /scannow command from an elevated prompt. This will check and repair your critical Windows system files.

Then reboot and try installing the update again.

NB. I strongly advise anyone doing an in-place upgrade to a new version of Windows 10 (or to Windows 11) to run through the above procedure first. ;)

Ask a Question