After Update Windows Failing To Start

Reaction score
Hi there, could anyone explain me why after i updated windows 10 the laptop start to fail to turn on? it turns on as normal till on screen shows window and little loading circle. sometimes it loading for 10 hours before turning on. sometimes i cant turn it on for a week ( i shutting it down for a night and trying to turn on next day ). sorry if its something simple just im not very good at programs

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
the laptop
Shut it down as best you can.
Disconnect it from AC outlet (charger / adapater).
Close it flip it over, remove the battery.
Flip it back over, open it up, press and hold the power button and count to 30.
Close it up flip it over, replace the battery.
Reconnect it to the charger and to the wall outlet.
Open it up and turn it on.
What happens?

Reaction score
Thanks for your replay.
First it showed hp screen as usual then it changed to Windows screen and on the bottom it said preparing for auto repair. Then the screen changed and it says your pc did not start correctly. And I can restart or choose advanced options. I had that screen before and I tried to restart but it didn't helped.on advanced options I can choose to turn of my pc, exit and continue to Windows 10, reset PC or see advanced options. By choosing the advance options there appears another menu which contains system restore, system image recovery, start up repair, start up settings, command prompt and go back.have no clue what to choose cause don't want to make any more harm

Reaction score
Ok now I tried to click start up repair and after diagnosing it says that couldn't repair it.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
have no clue what to choose cause don't want to make any more harm
I can understand that, but at some point you will need to take some steps to address the issue.
Do you have your critical data backed up and safe on an external resource? Have you at any point created a Disk Image?
I tried to click start up repair and after diagnosing it says that couldn't repair it.
That's probably not a good sign, as it might suggest that it does require addressing some problem with the Boot Configuration Data.
Unfortunately the other two things you might try will probably also not address that issue either.
System Restore...... to a point in time prior to the problem
Start Up Settings...... which will allow you to attempt to boot into Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking.
Neither of which should cause "any more harm"

Reaction score
Can get rid of the new update and stay with my previous windows version? or the only thing left is to buy new windows and install again? Thanks for trying to help

Reaction score
I have nothing in that laptop what I would need.no photos or videos. Everything is in different computer.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
the only thing left is to buy new windows and install again?
Nope..... you don't.
IF you had Windows 10 installed and activated on the computer, you can reinstall it anytime for free by downloading the installation media from here
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/sof...459594)(TnL5HPStwNw-WaTVja5C7z2Vs7q82apCPg)()
Match the ISO that you download to the version that you have installed.
Choose Windows 10, the first item in the first drop down (not single language at the bottom) * see note at bottom.
Next choose your language and your bit version (32 or 64 bit to match your system architecture or in the case of an upgrade, to match your currently installed version of Windows).
That will provide an ISO that will boot, upgrade, repair (or clean install) either or both Windows 10 Pro and Home.
Within Windows 10 you can just double click the ISO file to mount it as a virtual drive and run setup.exe from that virtual drive to perform the in-place / upgrade / repair.
*NOTE: In some cases, we've learned that some people have the "Single Language" version installed. In which case you would need that download. It's important that you match the ISO version that you download with your installation.
Once you have downloaded the ISO you can use ImgBurn to burn it to a DVD http://imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
OR
Rufus to burn it to a USB ThumbDrive http://rufus.akeo.ie/
Boot from it and install

Ask a Question