Windows 10(now 11 too) freezes randomly

Reaction score
Hi! So this problem first occurred when i changed hardware but keeping the hard drive and SSD the same. I did a clean install (deleting all the files) but after that i but OS kept freezing for 10-20 sec frequently. First i was suspecting the GPU, but after some stress tests i realized that it wasn't the problem, then i thought that maybe the ram caused it, but now, after checking all the time, i found out the SSD was the cause of the problem. After that the the task manager was always open at the SSD. The freezes are occurring randomly, out of the blue. The graph always shows that the SSD is at 100% while the freezing is happening. Then it suddenly stops. I read some forums and there were people who said that maybe the svchost.exe is the cause of the problem. Is it true or i need to keep looking for another probable cause. If it's svchost.exe , then what should i do with it?

Reaction score
If the SSD is 100% active then something is hammering the drive, that will cause a freeze eventually. You need to find out what is hammering the drive, the Windows Resource Monitor will show you what processes are using the SSD. Open that up as soon as Windows starts and watch it up to the freeze. Whichever process is at the top of the list in the Disk section when it freezes is your problem.

Ask a Question