Will I be able to turn my computer on this time?

Reaction score
Turning on my computer stopped being reliable in late July 2021. Reliable meaning press the power button and computer would turn on. I replaced cr2032 battery with new one. I could turn on computer by unplugging power cord and pressing the power button multiple times until the fan starts moving then I plug cord back in. Battery lasted to early December 2021, so another cr2032 replacement. I got tired of unreliable powering on the computer so I changed the sleep settings to have my computer on at all hours. I guess that was a bad idea since my computer shut off in early February probably from the battery being used up. Replaced battery and did the unplugging/replugging process but computer hasn't turned on. The light near the power cord will sometimes blink or flash many times even though the cord is plugged in.

Are there any solutions to turning my computer on in this situation?

Reaction score
Assuming a Notebook/Laptop is the subject, usually a bad CR2032 CMOS/BIOS battery will still turn on if having AC power or a fully charged main battery but there will be a message about the CMOS battery and settings having to be made. I have an old Toshiba Notebook with the issue of not saving BIOS settings but otherwise works fine running MS-DOS 6 and Windows 3.1. The only difference with a Desktop is there is no main battery, AC power only. At the point you described I's suspect a bad motherboard.

Ask a Question