Getting USB turntable to work with windows

Reaction score
I have recently purchased a Denver VPL -120 portable turntable. My computer recognises I have connected it, but recognises it as a disc drive and tells me to plug in a disc. I have tried it with a computer running windows 10 and also with a computer running windows XP, both computers tell me the same thing. Any clues, please, as to how I can resolve the problem. I wish to transfer my music on vinyl into the computer as mp3

Reaction score
What happens when you put a LP on start the turntable and lower the cartridge onto the record? That is, produce a signal, presumably into the USB driver

Reaction score
And, what software do you have on the PC for this? Some years back I had some freeware called Audacity for getting tape cassettes to mp3 via a USB player. A very general piece of software and, I found, fiddly to use but it surely worked.

Reaction score
What happens when you put a LP on start the turntable and lower the cartridge onto the record? That is, produce a signal, presumably into the USB driver
I am able to hear the music in the turntables speakers but no change to what happens in the USB port

Reaction score
And, what software do you have on the PC for this? Some years back I had some freeware called Audacity for getting tape cassettes to mp3 via a USB player. A very general piece of software and, I found, fiddly to use but it surely worked.
I have Audacity installed but it is not seeing anything from the record player

Reaction score
I suspect I am missing the correct USB audio codec for this turntable but don't know which it is. I have tried to contact the manufacturer for advice but they haven;t replied

Reaction score
They were reference from Microsoft support. I didn't look them up as I figured that Andypen would do that or he has already done it and not found anything.

Ask a Question