Win 10 ISO image

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have a question, only one, this may not be the right place but I can't (error message) create a topic. If anyone has the answer that's great.

I have an ISO image of my computer (Win 10) freshly installed and configured on a DVD.

I want to install this image on a blank hard drive (formatted) to have the same software and settings as before.

What is the manipulation to do.

Thank you for your answers.

Reaction score
What did you use to make the image? Normally, there is a function in most apps to restore it.

Reaction score
Hello,
I don't know exactly because I never done that before but I think there is in the control panel/backup and restore there is an option to create a system image, I tried to do this on a DVD RW (4.7 GB) but an insufficient space message does not allow to complete the operation.

In fact, it's starting to bother me to have to configure everything and install additional software each time I format and reinstall Win 7 and then Win 10.

I had read somewhere that an ISO image allowed you to reinstall your PC identical to the image (Windows but also all the settings and software).

My question was how to copy my system as it is today, that is to say with my folders and files all configured so as not to have to reinstall everything (drivers, wallpaper etc. ).

I have another question :

Is a 4.7 GB DVD RW sufficient to make a backup of this type?

Then how to get my computer back as it is now (one week after formatting, installation and configuration)?

If you have any answers to my questions, thank you in advance for your help.

Cordially.

Reaction score
  • To create a full backup on Windows 10, open the “Backup and Restore” settings.
  • Click the “Create a system image” option, and select the USB drive to save the backup.
  • Continue with the directions by selecting the system and secondary drives and clicking on “Start backup.”
You won't be able to build a system image on a DVD, you will need a USB drive to store it.

Reaction score
Hello,
I don't know exactly because I never done that before but I think there is in the control panel/backup and restore there is an option to create a system image, I tried to do this on a DVD RW (4.7 GB) but an insufficient space message does not allow to complete the operation.

In fact, it's starting to bother me to have to configure everything and install additional software each time I format and reinstall Win 7 and then Win 10.

I had read somewhere that an ISO image allowed you to reinstall your PC identical to the image (Windows but also all the settings and software).

My question was how to copy my system as it is today, that is to say with my folders and files all configured so as not to have to reinstall everything (drivers, wallpaper etc. ).

I have another question :

Is a 4.7 GB DVD RW sufficient to make a backup of this type?

Then how to get my computer back as it is now (one week after formatting, installation and configuration)?

If you have any answers to my questions, thank you in advance for your help.

Cordially.
A couple of thoughts, one is to try a DVD+R/DL [Dual Layer] at 8GB, another is not to use RW discs, only R. If the DVD is not large enough nor the 8GB USB Thumb drive it may be necessary to increase the size of the drive incrementally such as 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, 128GB, etc. Anything already on the Thumb drive usually will be lost.

Reaction score
Last edited:

Ask a Question