A better way to download Windows 10 ISO files

Reaction score
I see insignificant amount of people know this trick but I want to share it anyway since Microsoft's Media Creation Tool is really tough.
I don't know if this method works on Firefox, etc. (the browsers which aren't based on Chromium) but you can try. I used a Chromium based browser (Chrome).

First of all, go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/software-download/windows10 and open Developer Tools. To do that, you can right click somewhere of the website and click "Inspect". Then switch to mobile view by clicking on
1.png
icon (Toggle device toolbar). And then, reload the page. When the page is refreshed, you can click on
2.png
icon to return back to desktop view, but don't reload the page. You can close Developer Tools to have a larger area.

At this point, you can directly download the ISO files from the website itself, you don't have to use Media Creation Tool.

This trick is simple. When you switch to mobile view on Developer Tools and refresh the page, the page perceives you're visiting on an Android device. Since you can't run .exe files on Android, Microsoft provides you the ISO files.

Reaction score
I never had any problems with that. It does what its suppose to do.....
Actually i was pointing out that Media Creation Tool is a waste of time. You need to download it first, run, accept EULA, wait for the progress...
Time consuming compared to directly downloading ISO i think.

Reaction score
Well, basically all you do in your first post is changing the user agent in the browser.
GUESS WHAT, there is an extension for that available, it takes two or three clicks and one has the same effect. That extension is available for chrome, edge and Firefox.
Talking about waste of time......

Ask a Question