Win 10 limited access problems

Reaction score
I am using a D-Link DWA-160 Xtreme Dual Band USB Adapter into a NetGear Router. I have three Win 10 machines connected two of which are just fine. The third is displaying "Limited Access". After doing all the normal substitution things without effect I did a System Restore. I was immediately able to connect ... for about five minutes and then got "Limited Access" again. I undid the the System Restore and got the same result. Connected as soon as the roll back was completed but then went back to Limited Access.

Has anyone any ideas, please?

Reaction score
I had the same problem. I installed a newer driver.... and it got worse. I reinstalled my laptop, and now I have limitid access only for 3 sec in every hour

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Check your router's wireless security and experiment by switching from AES to TKIP back and forth and see if one works more reliably than the other.

Reaction score
Dangerous though it is I'd try and see if it works with no encryption for a few hours.

Reaction score
Thank you for your help. I am in an area that has a lot of "visible" routers. I think however that I have solved the problem My "dongle" was plugged into a USB 3 hub and then down a 1.5 meter cable to the front of the computer. I moved the D-Link "dongle" and plugged directly to the MB.

It seems as though WiFi signal attenuation may have been the problem. I have never had this problem before and the original configuration had been in place for over 12 months on Windows 7 without any issues.

Ask a Question