"Limited" WiFi connection only limited on my win10 laptop!

E

EmilyHere

Hello, please help. I've trolled the forums for hours and Google is failing me.

I have a laptop with Windows 10, and it has been working fine for months. Yesterday I thought I had a connection issue with the Internet, and set the computer aside until it was resolved. Later I checked my phone, and saw that the WiFi is actually working just fine. I have restarted and reset and tried to connect to Hotspots and all sorts of netsh commands. Ugh. Please give me any help you can think of.

Lost and angry,
Emily

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I have a laptop with Windows 10, and it has been working fine for months
Possibly a Windows Update did something.
The first thing I would try is a System Restore to an earlier point in time.
Right click the Start Button and choose "System".
Left column Choose System Protection
Click the System Restore Button
Click Next
Pick a restore point prior to the problem date and time
You may need to check the box to show more restore points.

Reaction score
Hello, please help. I've trolled the forums for hours and Google is failing me.

I have a laptop with Windows 10, and it has been working fine for months. Yesterday I thought I had a connection issue with the Internet, and set the computer aside until it was resolved. Later I checked my phone, and saw that the WiFi is actually working just fine. I have restarted and reset and tried to connect to Hotspots and all sorts of netsh commands. Ugh. Please give me any help you can think of.

Lost and angry,
Emily

Hi Emily,
This is Aditya(from India)
It was the same issue of the " WiFi limited " with me since last 3 days after I updated my laptop to windows 10. I literally struggled on google finding solution for this.
The one solution worked on my PC was by changing the Wi-Fi configuration of 802.11b preamble range as "Long and Short" & 802.11n Bandwidth as " 20Mhz/40Mhz Auto" . (WiFi adapter settings > WiFI name > right click and Properties > Configure > Advance ==> change the ranges of preamble and the Bandwidth )
other possible ways are disabling Windows defender and Bit defender , custom IP and DNS server addresses , WiFi driver updates OR sadly restoring back to the previous version of Windows .
If this dosent work on yours , let me know here itself or to my Email ID i.e. (e-mail address removed)
I would not give up on this awesome update of windows 10 , so I would advice you to find solution to the problems...
[ P.S - My English is not good ,so, sorry for any harsh or rude language ...]

Ask a Question