Win 10 Nov 26 Update Broken

Reaction score
So when i took my computer off of sleep this morning , it started off in the blue "almost ready" screen ,or something like that. After finishing, it started loading the desktop. It failed. Screen went black. Started loading desktop again. Failed again. The the screen was just flickering between my desktop without shortcuts or the background ,and black. Nothing was responsive. I rebooted twice, and the same thing occurred. Is this fixable , or can I revert to the old version...?
Im using an alienware X51, 8gb ram intel i7 processor nvidia geforce graphics card.bought it in december 2013.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Is this fixable
IDK.
When you are at the black screen (or whatever you end up after giving the computer time to settle down) can you use Ctrl + Alt + Delete keys on your keyboard to bring up task manager?
If so, can you then use the "File" Menu in Task Manager to choose "Run new task" and type
msconfig
hit enter or click ok
If so, select the boot tab and check the box that says "Safe boot" and tick the radio button that says "Network"
Click OK and reboot your machine, perhaps using the power button in the bottom right hand corner after hitting Ctrl + Alt + Delete keys again.

Ask a Question