Win 10 ver slow. Reinstall without loosing apps?

Reaction score
I am tempted to do a clean Win10 install. Can I do this without loosing my apps and docs? I need to speed up the computer.

Reaction score
What is the computer (disc memory cpu etc), what version of W10 and what AV are you running.
Also do you have the disc indexing on all the time

Worth looking at the list of startup programs as well.

Before going to a full reload of the OS.

Reaction score
See also.

Please read it all!. :) :) :)

Reaction score
I am tempted to do a clean Win10 install. Can I do this without loosing my apps and docs? I need to speed up the computer.
Clean install removes everything, prior to doing all this as suggested above, is go thru all config and disable all not needed, clean the reg of all the bad left overs, then also try a Repair Install. slow is boot is caused by too much crap in STARTUP, and many programs run all the time even if you are not using, so disable them, 99% will start if you ask or need them. I know of many people who have LOST many due to not knowing how to 100% backup and then restore all user items... Make a FULL Restorable Boot Image first.

Reaction score
If youre running on old disk, replacement to SSD disk will do miracle. Concider that if you gonna do a complete reinstall, no risk for loosing data then :)

Ask a Question