SOLVED Windows 10 Very Slow to "Wake Up"

Reaction score
When I recently got a notification telling me I needed to download the latest version of Flash Player I downloaded it, and like an idiot I checked all the boxes to get all the extra programs along with it. The notification and download might have been a scam.
One of the programs named 'Idle Buddy' kept putting annoying popups on my screen, and I wasn't able to uninstall the program because it didn't show up on my 'Installed Programs' list. I thought it might even be malware, but regardless I didn't want it.
So I picked a restore point to a couple of weeks prior when everything was running well and did the restore.
Ever since I did the restore, the computer boots up normally and takes my password to log in in the normal amount of time, but after I log in I get nothing but a blank screen for 10 minutes before the computer comes alive with my home screen, task bar, and notification area like it should be, and I then I can go online or check my email or whatever and everything is fine. During the 10 minutes of blank screen I can move my mouse around, but it doesn't do anything. The waiting 10 minutes seems like an eternity.
Any Suggestions Please?
Thank You

Reaction score
Download Revo Uninstaller. If that doesn't help download Malwarebytes and scan the computer. See if that helps.

Reaction score
Hi,

Your case is similar to this one, solved by disabling AppX Deployment Service.

If this one don't word for you, here is what you can do: Take a boot trace to identify the cause of the delay

1. Open a command line as an Administrator (Run As Administrator)
  2. Type the following command in the command line Windows: cd %programfiles(x86)%\Windows Kits\10\Windows Performance Toolkit
  3. Type the following command to start recording the boot trace: wpr -start GeneralProfile -start CPU -onoffscenario Boot -onoffresultspath c:\wpr -numiterations 1 -filemode
  4. Compress the .ETL file generated under the C:\WPR path (very important)
  5. Upload the boot trace file on Dropbox or on https://www.transfernow.net/en/
I'll analyze your trace file and give you a feedback.

Reaction score
I haven't done anything yet, but the problem went away by itself. I checked my antivirus/antimalware logs, and they do not report finding or fixing anything, but now it seems to boot up faster than ever.

Reaction score
When I recently got a notification telling me I needed to download the latest version of Flash Player I downloaded it, and like an idiot I checked all the boxes to get all the extra programs along with it. The notification and download might have been a scam.
One of the programs named 'Idle Buddy' kept putting annoying popups on my screen, and I wasn't able to uninstall the program because it didn't show up on my 'Installed Programs' list. I thought it might even be malware, but regardless I didn't want it.
So I picked a restore point to a couple of weeks prior when everything was running well and did the restore.
Ever since I did the restore, the computer boots up normally and takes my password to log in in the normal amount of time, but after I log in I get nothing but a blank screen for 10 minutes before the computer comes alive with my home screen, task bar, and notification area like it should be, and I then I can go online or check my email or whatever and everything is fine. During the 10 minutes of blank screen I can move my mouse around, but it doesn't do anything. The waiting 10 minutes seems like an eternity.
Any Suggestions Please?
Thank You
Have you looked to see if any start up programs can be miminized Sue.M

Ask a Question