Win 10 will not load because display driver will not support it.

Reaction score
I have an ACER aspire 5100 running an OS of Win 7 very successfully. When I click on the "WIN 10"
upgrade icon I get a message that says "Windows 10 can not load because the display driver will
not support Windows 10 . Please update your driver. I have attempted to upgrade my drivera from
multiple sources and in each case Windows still refuses to load.

I am for the most part computer literate but I'm stumped on this one.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ric
(e-mail address removed)

Reaction score
You don't give us any specifications on your video adapter but Windows 10 does have certain resolution restrictions. I will look and you might see if any other system requirements are not met.

Has the computer been designated as Windows 10 compatible by Acer?

Reaction score
I have an ACER aspire 5100 running an OS of Win 7 very successfully. When I click on the "WIN 10"
upgrade icon I get a message that says "Windows 10 can not load because the display driver will
not support Windows 10 . Please update your driver. I have attempted to upgrade my drivera from
multiple sources and in each case Windows still refuses to load.

I am for the most part computer literate but I'm stumped on this one.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ric
(e-mail address removed)
If it's running the Turion 64 MK-36 with Xpress 1100 graphics, it's the exact same specs as my Dell Inspiron 1501. The graphics are not supported. Windows 10 will not even recognize that it has a graphics card. The beta would install, but would not even install Windows basic video drivers. Windows 8 won't recognize it either BTW. Stick with Windows 7.

Ask a Question