WIN 10

Reaction score
I got tired of the endless pop ups pushing Windows 10 down my throat. Loaded it 2 days ago. Regretted it instantly! I lost my Freecell game. Freecell - a tradition I have been doing at start up and close down for many, many years. I also lost the controls for my Logitech mouse. I do get a new page with the basic controls, but the mouse has several side buttons that were returned to their original settings. I have no way to set them. What I would like to reset is my computer... back to Windows 7. Is that a task that is doable? I know better than to give in to heavy handed marketing, but they wore me down. Companies that don't show respect for their customers, will slowly fade away. If I can't find solutions by this weekend, I'm getting a Mac. What I should have done last time.

Reaction score
There is a thread on here that tells you how to get the old Freecell back, in fact a whole pile of the old solitaire games.
I also have a Logitech mouse but mine is a simple one. Have you been to all apps scrolled down to L seen Logitech with an expansion v and seen what is in there. I have the Logitech Mouse settings there. Have you reloaded Logitechs own software?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
What I would like to reset is my computer... back to Windows 7. Is that a task that is doable?
Go back to your previous version of Windows

For a month after you upgrade to Windows 10, you’ll be able to go back to your previous version of Windows from Settings > Update & security > Recovery. This will keep your personal files, but it'll remove apps and drivers installed after the upgrade, as well as any changes you made to settings.

To go back, you'll need to:
  • Keep everything in the windows.old and $windows.~bt folders after the upgrade.

• Remove any user accounts you added after the upgrade.

• Know the password you used to sign in to Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 (if you used one).

• Have the USB drive you used to upgrade to Windows 10 (if you used one).

Ask a Question