Win10 10586 Update

Reaction score
Down loaded and installed latest update to Win10 Ver: 10586
The install went without any errors.

I found later that one program which works with com port assignments, was not working.
The reason was the before install com ports were changed to new com ports.
Reassigning the comports to match the program fixed that problem.

The present problem is, the printer does not work with a "cant communicate with printer"
notification. I am using a HP 6700 all In one printer over a local network.

The Network is OK and the Printer is OK. I can send print jobs from another computer to the
printer over the network. Tried installing printer setup from the CD and from HP site, still cant connect, The Device Manager for Printer, shows Unknown Device.

Tried to find a fix for this problem on the HP and Microsoft Sites, but no luck
Does any one know what the fix for this printer problem is ?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Does any one know what the fix for this printer problem is ?
Not sure, but....
I've had some luck in the recent past by starting fresh with the printer installation.
Remove the USB connection from the computer.
Remove the printer from the Devices and Printers applet in the Control Panel.
Double check Device manager (View menu -> show hidden devices) and remove it from there.
Then use the Programs and Features applet in the Control Panel to remove any and all associated software packages that were install in the previous instance(s).
Reboot the computer.
Download the latest full software package from HP and perform the installation from it, waiting until prompted to reconnect the USB connection to the printer.

Ask a Question