Win10 Back Up Or Restore

Michael Bell

Mickey B
Reaction score
I have two laptops one I have up graded one I have not. I upgraded new unit running Win 8.1 with Norton Antivirus software. First time appears I should have turn off or disable Norton things went bad had to restore Win 8.1 and start over again. Second time it upgraded to Win10. But there is one thing that concerns me , in control panel when I back up weekly in the box its says back up or restore ( windows 7). Other older laptop I have not upgraded is Win 7 professional , why is Window 7 appearing in my control panel of my newer laptop?
Windows 10 is running fine GOOD system found out automatic update does not cover driver up date you need to do manually I have had two for two drivers so far.

Reaction score
All Win 10 versions ( Home and Pro, that is. I don't have Enterprise version, so I can't say ) have this Backup and Restore (Windows 7) in Control Panel.
Not to be worry. It is normal.
I never use it.
In the Control panel, you have ..................
File History for files backup or system image backup.
Recovery for system restore or creating restore point.
Those are the 2 I use.

Contol Panel - (windows 7).jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
I just had a great experience with Acronis True Image 2016. It is a true Wizard. It created a System Recovery Media CD in a stunningly short time. I tested it and it restored my pc to its former self again in record time.

My experience with Macrium was a flop as the Recovery Media I thought I had created was not on the resulting disk.

I downloaded Acronis, Created the media, Performed the recovery test, and was back up and running in five minutes total with all my programs and settings intact. It has my highest recommendation. Here is a link to the Cnet download for a free 30 day trial;

http://download.cnet.com/Acronis-True-Image-2016/3000-2242_4-10168093.html

Reaction score
I had issues with ATI, which is why I switched to Macrium. There is a new update to it released today BTW. I never had an issue with created rescue media wit MR but I use the paid version.

Macrium Reflect Update

Ask a Question