Win10 Microphone randomly doesn't work

Reaction score
Hallo,
I upgraded from win8.1 to win10 about two weeks ago and my microphone randomly stops working. I used it in the life time of this PC a lot and it never made any problems, but now it just doesn't records anything than suddenly it works for a few days and than it doesn't again.
Restart doesn't work. I reinstalled the drivers, that doesn't work. I tested the microphone on different PCs and it works. I tested different Microphones on this PC and ether all of them work or none both analog micros as webcams don't record sound. I uninstalled the sound baster driver and nothing and in reinstalled it still nothing. I tested the microphones with different software (Audacity, Teamspeak, soundbuster pro studio) and all of them don't get any sound but they show the microphone, if I plug one in.
I keep running out of ideas and hope you might be able to help me.

Reaction score
Update: I can fix it, partly. I can get it to work by right clicking the sound button in the task bar, than to recording, then right clicking the particular microphone and take the first option Speech recognition and then register it as normal mic. But after about 10 minutes it doesn't work anymore and I have no idea why.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Update: I installed a fresh unmodded version of Teamspeak3 the program I mostly use the microphone for and I also looked up my sound card (type in start dxdiag and go to sound xy. Sound Blaster Z is mine) and went to their website (http://support.creative.com/kb/ShowArticle.aspx?sid=126331) and downloaded a driver for win10, uninstalled the old one and installed the new one and I have still the same problem.

Last edited:

Ask a Question