Win10 not removing Bluetooth device

Reaction score
Platform: HP Stream 7
Bluetooth Device: LG HBS750 headphones

The device was paired, but would not connect. I attempted to remove the device, but the tablet has been trying to "REMOVE DEVICE" for 3 days now.

I can't stop or interrupt the process.

Reaction score
OK I had a problem like this. All my bluetooth devices (headphones, keyboard, 3 phones) would pair with windows 10 but only connect for a second if they connected at all. I spent 10 freaking hours trying to fix it and I was determined. I scoured the web and tried everything including uninstalling drivers, using compatibility mode, and about 50 other things I can't even remember (by the time I was done it was like 4 AM). Nothing worked. I finally found a post about a guy who couldn't get his windows 10 device to connect with his car. It was off topic but I was desperate. Sorry I don't have the link. Here's the deal. Uninstall all the bluetooth enumerators and devices (I didn't uninstall the radio and it didn't seem to make a difference). Turn off your internet connection. This is the important part that nobody can figure out. Uninstall you HIDs in device manager. Restart computer. Turn on internet. Re-pair devices. Worked for me - I really hope it helps so you aren't stuck like I was. It is really frustating that they released an unfinished operating system that the OEMs didn't even have a chance to make proper drivers for. Then they blame it on your computer saying it is just no compatible. I took their compatibility test. I passed and installed windows 10 and am still having tons of issues. Then they actually tried to say the compatibility test they released was faulty. They really need to get it together. Grrr.

It might be an answer that is a bit off topic but I'm guessing other people will read this thread and it might help some of them...I really hope it helps you too even though your problem is slightly different.

Reaction score
Thanks, and it is similar to how I fixed the issue! I disabled the wireless, then tried to remove the Bluetooth headset, and poof it's gone!

Reaction score
Thanks guys... I was stuck in just the same way (trying to remove a blue tooth speaker that worked fine at first and would not connect anymore). The BT configuration window showed "removing" for a couple hours. A restart did not work either.

I bumped into this post, turned out wifi and problem solved. Removal was inmediate, repaired and the speaker is working again.

All the best !

Reaction score
OK I had a problem like this. All my bluetooth devices (headphones, keyboard, 3 phones) would pair with windows 10 but only connect for a second if they connected at all. I spent 10 freaking hours trying to fix it and I was determined. I scoured the web and tried everything including uninstalling drivers, using compatibility mode, and about 50 other things I can't even remember (by the time I was done it was like 4 AM). Nothing worked. I finally found a post about a guy who couldn't get his windows 10 device to connect with his car. It was off topic but I was desperate. Sorry I don't have the link. Here's the deal. Uninstall all the bluetooth enumerators and devices (I didn't uninstall the radio and it didn't seem to make a difference). Turn off your internet connection. This is the important part that nobody can figure out. Uninstall you HIDs in device manager. Restart computer. Turn on internet. Re-pair devices. Worked for me - I really hope it helps so you aren't stuck like I was. It is really frustating that they released an unfinished operating system that the OEMs didn't even have a chance to make proper drivers for. Then they blame it on your computer saying it is just no compatible. I took their compatibility test. I passed and installed windows 10 and am still having tons of issues. Then they actually tried to say the compatibility test they released was faulty. They really need to get it together. Grrr.

It might be an answer that is a bit off topic but I'm guessing other people will read this thread and it might help some of them...I really hope it helps you too even though your problem is slightly different.

It is faster way http://bluetoothinstaller.com/bluetooth-command-line-tools/

Reaction score

it is faster and simpler way

Reaction score
Many thanks! I applied your approach to a Bamboo Ink stylus. I had to install a second one after the first one broke but could not find any way for the first to fully leave the scene, which prevented the second from operating at all. So no luck UNTIL I read your tips here. For me the key was to remove the HID component of the stylus in Device Manager in addition to the more obvious Bluetooth device.

Reaction score
Hi.. my bluetooth device does not pair to my HP laptop with windows 8.1. The error page has been attached herewith.Tried reinstalling the drivers but to no help. Further I tried deleting the device as per the attached error in picture but still it did'nt help. KIndly help if you know a solution to this.
Untitled.png

Reaction score

It worked. Tried without disconnecting the internet first, but you were right, it was necessary. Thanks!

Ask a Question