Windows 10 Active Hours for Updating has not changed to 18 hours

Reaction score
I have the latest updates of Windows 10 on my laptop. It is supposed to let me change the hours to allow updates to happen to be 18 hours, but it is still at 12 hours. How do I change this?

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi CherylClifford64,

Welcome to the forum.

Have you checked the next hyplink: Restart options which is located just beneath Change active hours?

The Restart options screen has a switch which if toggled on will override your Change active hour settings.

Reaction score
I have the latest updates of Windows 10 on my laptop. It is supposed to let me change the hours to allow updates to happen to be 18 hours, but it is still at 12 hours. How do I change this?
Hi CherylClifford64,

Welcome to the forum.

Have you checked the next hyplink: Restart options which is located just beneath Change active hours?

The Restart options screen has a switch which if toggled on will override your Change active hour settings.
Thank you for getting back to me. I am trying your suggestion, but the Restart Option switch to toggle...is grayed out.

Reaction score
12 hours used to be the max setting...are you using 1703 or 1709 as I think it changed from 12 max on one of those.

Ask a Question