Windows 10 audio issue

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have been trying to search for this for a while now, but sadly, i still haven't gotten around to finding a solution. :(

Ever since i started using windows 10, i've had an issue where all of a sudden, my sound will just cut off and stop working. Luckily, this tends to only happen once per day, but it is getting frustrating, and a quick reboot usually fixes the issue for the rest of the day.

I'm not doing anything too special. I either just play a game, am listening to music, or am using skype. Then suddenly, the audio cuts off with no indication. Audio drivers are telling me that the audio is just working fine, but emit no sound.

My setup is as follows:

Motherboard: Asus A55BM-E
CPU: AMD A10-5800K @ 3.8 GhZ
GPU: AMD R9 290X (MSI twin frozr gaming edition)
RAM: 8 GB DDR 3
HDD: 500 GB primary HDD and 2 TB secondary
Windows 10 professional (64 bit)

I have a realtek HD driver (6.0.1.7535) ALC887 codec, which i use for speakers (controlling both front and rear plugs on my tower). Furthermore, I use a Syberia V2 headset (Heat Orange using USB) most of the time. It is the headset that I usually have the issue with. Sometimes, the speakers tend to work fine afterwards. I have noticed that the issue usually comes paired with Cortana and the start menu not working as well.

Are there any solutions to this problem that might've slipped my attention? Thanks for any help in advance :)

Reaction score
Maybe you can update your Realtek Driver as the current release is 6.0.1.7647. It sounds to me that you have an issue with your Headset. I would go to their website and see if they have updated software for Windows 10.

Reaction score
I would've thought the same, if my friend with different hardware didn't have the same problem. I've tried updating the driver just now, we'll have to see if it works. I will probably have a result for that tomorrow. At the very least i feel it isn't my headset, but probably an audio driver / something else that crashes. Main suspicion being that the start menu and cortana stop working as well. Thanks in any case for the suggestion, Hopefully i'm looking too far into this, and a driver update will work!

Ask a Question