SOLVED Windows 10 Blank Lock Screen

Reaction score
After Windows 10 update to version 1709.16299.129 I do not get more the lock screen picture but a blank ( blue ) screen
with date and clock on it.
However, when I logon and pressing (Win-key + L) I would get the lock screen with a picture.
How to restore this lost functionality in Window 10 ?

Regards

Reaction score
Bastet,

Your recommended solution includes a batch file. I am not sure whether the created batch file may harm my PC.
Therefore, I would neglect this solution.

Regards.

Reaction score
The file is safe to run as I have used it many times & have even saved it for future reference but it is your choice, all it does is delete files from the assets folder amongst others used for Spotlight & reset the settings.

Reaction score
Look, you suggested is clearing problems with Windows Spotlight for the lock screen.
There are three options: spotlights, pictures and slideshow.
I am interested only to restore in background - pictures not windows spotlight feature.

Reaction score
All,
I found a solution to the described issue in Windows 10 Fall Creator.
The wrong setting in Windows registry forced to disable any selected background image except blue background
( that blue or blank screen image is in Screen folder as file img105.png ).
To enable a selection of any available picture images for lock and logon screens it is required the following steps:

1. Depress Win+R keys and run regedit command
2. Access to directory HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System
3. Right-click on right-sided pane where is key DisableLogonBackgroundImage
4. Set the DWORD value from 1 to 0

When this value is set for 1 instead of 0 :p then the lock screen image will be always blank ( blue background ).

Reaction score
All,
I found a solution to the described issue in Windows 10 Fall Creator.
The wrong setting in Windows registry forced to disable any selected background image except blue background
( that blue or blank screen image is in Screen folder as file img105.png ).
To enable a selection of any available picture images for lock and logon screens it is required the following steps:

1. Depress Win+R keys and run regedit command
2. Access to directory HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System
3. Right-click on right-sided pane where is key DisableLogonBackgroundImage
4. Set the DWORD value from 1 to 0

When this value is set for 1 instead of 0 :p then the lock screen image will be always blank ( blue background ).

I went all through the registry searching for 'DWORD' and I could not find a single result matching the location you specified, there were however loads of them in seemingly random places!

Ask a Question