Windows 10 changed my laptop login, WHY?

Reaction score
I've had my laptop several years and was quite happy with my login. I recently made a visit to the Win 10 Store to look around & the very next time I turned on my laptop, the computer access login had been changed to my Windows live info. G-G-G-R-R-R!! How do I get it back to what I want it to be? (It is my computer, not Windows!!)

Reaction score
Do I understand correctly that you have now to login with your MS account?? If that is the case you can change it back in the settings ->> Accounts. There you have to choose [ Sign in with a local account instead ].
If you have set that up you will be able to login with your local account and not with your MS account anymore.
the issue is if you want to use the store you need to have a MS account to be able to download from the store. Unfortunately the option is mostly overlooked that you can disable the option to change your account into a MS account.

Ask a Question