Windows 10 Crushes Linux Mint

Reaction score
I was getting frustrated with Windows 10's seemingly endless problems. I gave Linux Mint a try and was promptly reminded why I went back to Windows the last time I did that. Linux Mint has come a long way and has fixed some of the deal breakers (for me) of the past like support for Pandora. Still, I was disappointed by its lack of support for one of my favorite Chrome Extensions (Adblock). Then I had some difficulty setting a custom scaling level for viewing Windows on my 40 inch monitor. Windows 10 does that so well. I know these may seem like minor complaints but Windows 10 is just so much more refined overall. I could learn to live with Linux but I have a perfectly stable and functional Windows 10 system (at the moment) so am not going to use anything else right now. But Microsoft should be warned to get it right because Linux is not far behind with its free and very slick operating system.

Reaction score
Adblock Plus works perfectly fine on Chrome in Linux Mint. I use Mint daily on my laptop, and would never go back to Windows on it. If I wasn't a gamer, I'd have ZERO use for Windows.

Reaction score
Adblock Plus works perfectly fine on Chrome in Linux Mint. I use Mint daily on my laptop, and would never go back to Windows on it. If I wasn't a gamer, I'd have ZERO use for Windows.
Thanks, I suspected that a little more research might solve any problems I might have. Still, Adblock Plus is enabled but fails to block ads on my email page. That may just require a tweek but it does not work out of the box. Just a minor problem as a little magnification blocks the ads. Tried to load the Pithos context for Pandora but it failed. But The scaling issue was more annoying because it causes the desktop to be hard to read from my easy chair. I enlarged the fonts but that is less than perfect. I bet that could be solved as well but I am just tired of fixing things after all the BS Windows 10 has created. Windows is working flawlessly right now but if it becomes too annoying I may give Cinnamon another try.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I use Linux Mint daily on my desktop, and really only use Windows for microsoft flight simulator x .

Adblock i don't believe would be an OS problem anyway as i believe it comes with whatever browser you install. i may be wrong about this.

i have no issues at all with Linux Mint.

Reaction score
As a Linux Mint Cinnamon 17.1 user I would suggest giving Slimjet web browser a try as it blows Google Chrome away.
Slimjet is way more configurable than Google Chrome and way faster and has it's own AD Block feature which seems to work as well as any other AD Blocks I have used.

As far as viewing on your 40" monitor I would try using the proprietary graphics card driver for the graphics card you have.
I have no problem running any Linux Distro on my 48" TV.

http://www.slimjet.com/

Ask a Question