SOLVED Windows 10 Device Manager see's USB ports/cards, USB still not working

Reaction score
Device Manager does see the Rosewill RCDR-11004 USB HUB, and sees the PCie To USB adapter card, and the Device Manager says the drivers all are functioning properly.

There are no manufacturer drivers available for either device. NO CD's came with the devices, and there is no online source for them either. However, as I said, Windows Device Manager identifies them and states they are all functioning properly.

That said, when I insert a USB device into them, nothing happens in most situations As I will explain below.

When I plug in either the USB 3.0 Cable from the front panel of the Case, or the Rosewill RCDR 11004 into the PCIe card, the USB devices inserted are not detected.

When I have the USB 3.0 cable from either the front panel or the RCDR 11004 plugged into the Motherboard, the USB3.0 ports work.

When I plug in the USB 2.0 cable from the RDCR-11004 into the Motherboard, the Disk Management sees the SD Card readers and assigns Disk numbers to them, however when I plug in any USB 2.0 device into the USB 2.0 slots of the hub, nothing happens.

So I have two separate issues here, that involve USB ports.

What am I missing here?

Thanks.

Ken L .

Windows 10-64 Enterprise
ASUS Prime B350-PLUS AM4
AMD Ryzen 7-1800X
Rosewill RDCR-11004
Ioplex PCEi to USB Adapter

Ask a Question