SOLVED Windows 10 displays like it is running in safe mode while it's not in safe mode?

Reaction score
All of my desktop icons appear to be larger and the overall configuration of the displays are similar to safe mode while my computer is not in safe mode. Also while I am in a web browser it displays that weird also. Where websites were displaying normal before the update now they are displaying where i have to scroll down and side to side where i never needed to before the update

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
It's likely that you will need to update your display driver.
First check Windows Updates, run it a couple times and see if that helps.
Then check device manager and see what it says you have for a display adapter.
Then check your screen resolution settings and see what the settings are and see if there are possible adjustments that need to be made.

Reaction score
Be aware: any time I ever messed with resolution desktop icons scrambled. Safe mode sometimes does the same thing.

Reaction score
You need to go to your device manager and uninstall your display adapter. Click yes for the pop up warning. Restart the computer and windows 10 will reinstall your display adaptor automatically.

Ask a Question