Windows 10 for Raspberry Pi

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
If you're after a super-cheap Windows 10 PC, the Raspberry Pi 2 could be the answer! I'm extremely surprised to see MS release a version of this little dev board, but it's fantastic news:

We’re excited to announce that we are expanding our Windows Developer Program for IoT by delivering a version of Windows 10 that supports Raspberry Pi 2. This release of Windows 10 will be free for the Maker community through the Windows Developer Program for IoT.

Windows 10 is the first step to an era of more personal computing. This vision framed our work on Windows 10, where we are moving Windows to a world that is more mobile, natural and grounded in trust. With the Windows for IoT developer program we're bringing our leading development tools, services and ecosystem to the Raspberry Pi community!

https://dev.windows.com/en-us/featured/raspberrypi2support

Reaction score
I have been thinking of buying one of these. I would much rather make it a firewall/IDS because of the low power and heat. But I am tempted to use it as a PC because of the processor speed and the 1Gb RAM.

Reaction score
I've been following this topic, and I'm very interested in the Raspberry PI 2. Quad 900Mhz approximately 6 times the machine of the first version. And very attractive with a free version of Windows 10 IoT.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah, it's going to be a bargain!

I'm not sure on what to use it for, but I think I may end up getting one. May make a mini webserver out of it, to interface with stuff around the home :).

Ask a Question