Windows 10 hangs during reboot

Reaction score
When i trying reboot windows 10 it turning off monitor, mouse and keyboard but PC not restarting. It just stays here with working fans but not booting again.
Shutdown and cold boot works fine.
That is trouble of Windows 10, not hardware or BIOS, because there Windows 7 on that PC also on another HDD, and its reboot works fine.
That makes impossible to update Windows since its require reboot to install update and cannot update on shutdown.
Did all advices to disable fast boot, disable custom boot, sfc /scannow and clean SoftwareDistribution folder. Nothing of that helps reboot still hangs on last step.

Reaction score
"still hangs on last step" Which is?
"Windows since its require reboot " I don't think that is a problem. During a reboot the computer starts from scratch.

Reaction score
Reboot not work at all regardless of update or not.
I tried windows install tool but it crashed at 93% with "error during windows install" without prioiding any information about reason.

Reaction score
A clean stand alone win10 install may be your option download the iso file and use it with rufus to make a usb bootable chip
or if you have a burner burn the iso to disc

Ask a Question