Windows 10 (home edition) affects game appz.

Reaction score
I recently updated my Samsung XE700T1C tablet PC from Windows 8.1 64bit home edition to Windows 10 64bit home edition; and noticed that MS Mahjong now displays the game app start screen at much smaller size than in Win8.1; and the actual mahjong tiles now display large roman numerals along with a very small stylised icon or 'cantonese' character, which makes game play more frustrating than it was in Win8.1.

Has anyone else noticed this behaviour?

Also, since applying the latest Windows 10 automatic update, MS Solitaire Collection crashes after approx. 10-15secafter app execute back to the desktop...

It doesn't look good - as far as I'm concerned; for MS games from MS's own store, to not display or work properly under Windows 10, when they worked close to perfect under Windows 8.1 on the exact same device...

Even AOE - Castle Siege, is having more issues running under Win10 than it ever had on Win8.1.

BTW: the same games on my i-7 Desktop PC that's running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, exhibit different quirks to what I've described for them when run on my Sammie tablet... Go figure!!!

I'm interested in whether anyone else is experiencing similar issues and inconsistencies - or whether it's just me being a unique case?

Reaction score
Steve, this MIGHT work.

Go to Device Manager and check your video card. It will probably tell you that you have the latest driver because Win 10 updated your drivers when it was installed. However, go to the "Events" tab. Select the date that you installed Win 10. Does it tell you that the driver was installed completely or incompletely?

Reaction score
Steve, this MIGHT work.

Go to Device Manager and check your video card. It will probably tell you that you have the latest driver because Win 10 updated your drivers when it was installed. However, go to the "Events" tab. Select the date that you installed Win 10. Does it tell you that the driver was installed completely or incompletely?

Under "Events" tab, the video driver was installed completely with no issues.

BTW; I noticed the same issues today with a computer owned by a fellow I provide computer support to - so it isn't just a hardware specific issue as he's got a Toshiba Satellite laptop running a different on-board video card (also with fully installed video card driver) than my Samsung tablet runs... and then noticed that the MS Solitaire Collection works fine on an Acer laptop running Win8.1 64bit, so it doesn't appear to be an app specific issue.

Ask a Question