Windows 10 is slow

R w

Reaction score
I have updated my windows from 8.1 recently and I noticed that my laptop is very slow and heavy i have deleted my the old windows but still very slow
What i have to do

Reaction score
open your file explorer, right click on your hard drive, select properties, do a Disk Clean-up

open your Command Prompt as Administrator, run SFC /scannow

R w

Reaction score
open your file explorer, right click on your hard drive, select properties, do a Disk Clean-up

open your Command Prompt as Administrator, run SFC /scannow
It said another servicing or repair operation is currently running wait for this to finish and run sfc again

Reaction score
R w Get rid of unwanted clutter.
Delete any unnecessary files, transfer photo's and to a CD/DVD, uninstall any downloaded programs that are rarely used. Don't delete any system dependent programs that are required for the operating system.
Delete Windows.old folder https://www.windows10forums.com/articles/manually-delete-the-windows-old-folder.39/
Run CCleaner.
Clear your browser cache, cookies.
Uninstall unwanted browser add-ons.
Perform a disk clean and check the HD for fragmentation.
You may want to turn off (right click > more "Turn live titles off") live titles of apps running in the the start menu.
And also reduce the number of icons running in the system tray. I believe you will see a noticeable difference.

Last edited:

Ask a Question