Slow Download Speed Since Recent Windows Update

Reaction score
Ever since the most recent update, my download speed has been slowed down on my computer from about 120 Mbps to about 2 Mbps. I have not been able to watch any live streams for a while. And if I were to do a internet speed test on my phone I would get about 170 Mbps. My upload speed remains the same on both devices. Although my download speed on my computer is 2 Mbps, I have still been able to play games with about 40 ping. I have not changed anything about my computer (hardware wise). Does anyone have a solution or know why this is happening?

Reaction score
Personally I would stick with Defender. I thought you may have been running AVG that has been known to slow down an OS.

Reaction score
No I have no idea what's happening.
When was the last time you thoroughly cleaned your PC?
Maybe you need to get rid of the trash and uninstall unnecessary programs.
Try cleaning (delete) your browser cookies and cache. Run CCleaner also I would clean up the HD using the native Disk Cleanup which can be found in Windows accessories.

Reaction score
No I have no idea what's happening.
When was the last time you thoroughly cleaned your PC?
Maybe you need to get rid of the trash and uninstall unnecessary programs.
Try cleaning (delete) your browser cookies and cache. Run CCleaner also I would clean up the HD using the native Disk Cleanup which can be found in Windows accessories.
Yeah I just tried it. It didn't do anything.

Ask a Question