Windows 10 keeps corrupting

Reaction score
I’ve clean installed Windows probably 8 times and every time i do it boots up and my pc works, it then crashes randomly and says something went wrong. When i restart pc it puts it into automatic repair mode. I scanned my files through command prompt and it said critical missing files but unable to repair. I’ve formatted all drives multiple times over and over and used different boot drives but after install it tries to automatically repair it and it’s missing files. I have no idea what is happening.

Reaction score
When running into such issues I boot the computer to a Linux LiveDVD [created from a downloaded .iso file] or Bootable USB Drive created from that LiveDVD or a Linux computer to verify if there is or is not a hardware issue within the computer, not the OS itself. As you say you've used different drives there may be problems in a different area such as in the RAM modules, the CPU or maybe GPU. The age of the computer may be a clue, some years ago there were problems with the manufacture of the capacitors on motherboards that caused weird issues.

Reaction score
Don't rule out a bad PSU either. I had one particular PSU that caused all sorts of wonky issues that seemed software/OS based. Or like Bighorn said, motherboard. Just something to think about.

Ask a Question