SOLVED Windows 10 Log in Password Removal doesn't work

Reaction score
I have followed the steps posted not to have a log in password in MS 10, nothing is ticked in the first box and I reboot. But I always have to enter my "name" and password! Any help would be greatly appreciated.
J

Reaction score
When you say you 'followed the steps', what exactly do you mean? Besides using 'netplwiz', have you used the registry mod to change the DefaultUserName, DefaultPassword and AutoLogin values?

Using the 'netplwiz' should work for most everyone, but the registry mod should definitely do the trick.

Reaction score
When you say you 'followed the steps', what exactly do you mean? Besides using 'netplwiz', have you used the registry mod to change the DefaultUserName, DefaultPassword and AutoLogin values?

Using the 'netplwiz' should work for most everyone, but the registry mod should definitely do the trick.
Could you please give me the steps to remove the need for a PW when starting. I am the administrator but for some reason I have to enter my Microsoft PW after the lock screen (the screen with the picture which I dismiss by pressing Return to get the PW screen).

When I go via netplwiz to Settings > Change your account PW and enter my PW, I get (see attachment) which followed some muddle on 26 Sept. when I changed my Microsoft PW which also changed my Computer PW from no PW to it. (I'm happy to keep the PW as my Microsoft PW).

Capture.JPG

Reaction score
I have followed the steps posted not to have a log in password in MS 10, nothing is ticked in the first box and I reboot. But I always have to enter my "name" and password! Any help would be greatly appreciated.
J

I have not changed the registry mod to change the DefaultUserName... Could you please advise on how to do so? I know just enough about computers to get around, but that's it.
Thank you in advance.

Reaction score
I have not changed the registry mod to change the DefaultUserName... Could you please advise on how to do so? I know just enough about computers to get around, but that's it.
Thank you in advance.
I need this info, too. The "wiz" screen did nothing for me - the box to no require a password was already unchecked, and it still requires a password all of a sudden ( I haven't used a password in over a year, until now)

Ask a Question