Locked out of Windows 10 after updating login password

Reaction score
I changed my log in password and now cannot login in to Windows 10. I'm positive that it is the correct password. Windows keeps telling me that the password is incorrect. I also tried the old one that was working fine with no luck. What gives? Can you not update your Windows password periodically? I need to figure out how to get in to my computer. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Local account or Microsoft Account??
Is there another account on the computer that you can use?
As an aside and by way of closing the barn door after the horses have already gotten out.... having an additional local account (admin group not standard user) is always a good idea. You never have to use it except in just such cases. It's a whole bunch easier than what you'll need to do now.
Maybe try this
http://pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/
You can use it to clear a local account password (not an ms account password) or you can use it to enable the hidden administrator account and then sort out your account / password problems from there.

Ask a Question