Windows 10 locked me out my laptop HELP!!!!

Reaction score
Got the free Microsoft 10 update but never signed into my Microsoft account. Now I am locked out. When I try to put in my password it says it is incorrect. I do not have access to another computer right now only phone.....PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Reaction score
Welcome aboard, Whitney. It is difficult to get Windows 10 started without having signed in to a Microsoft account.

Get into 10 as far as you can. In the bottom right, you'll see ENG. That's your keyboard. Click it and make sure that it hasn't changed you to US or UK, instead of your original language.

Type in every password you use on Windows, including e-mail.

If that doesn't work, restart your computer, but hold down the Shift key while it restarts. That will get you into a help menu. See if you can sign in from there.

Reaction score
Still at the lock screen...that did nothing. I could only get as far as setup utility. Checked the language settings. They were correct (US English). Other than that there is nothing else I can do in setup utility.

Reaction score
Okay, Whitney, head back to the lock screen and click the power option in the bottom left corner. That should help you get to a trouble-shooting screen.

Ask a Question