Windows 10 Mail is deleting my emails

Reaction score
Hi Rob,

I can only assume it is something in Mail settings, the link below shows how to set up an account but doesn't really help much. You could possibly find something else on the MS help pages?. :)

Reaction score
Hi Rob,

I can only assume it is something in Mail settings, the link below shows how to set up an account but doesn't really help much. You could possibly find something else on the MS help pages?. :)

Thank you I shall try that Regards

Reaction score
Do you use the account on other devices? Are you deleting them on that device?
Are these old mails? If so ensure you’ve set the mail app to show all messages.
Check too that the account isn’t set to archive mails older than X days/weeks/months.

Reaction score
Do you use the account on other devices? Are you deleting them on that device?
Are these old mails? If so ensure you’ve set the mail app to show all messages.
Check too that the account isn’t set to archive mails older than X days/weeks/months.

Yes I do use this account opn other devices but I am not deleting them. I have done a few searches and it is apparently a common problem when I add emails to a file I have created the emails disappear after about two weeks. It is nothing I have done

Reaction score
Does anyone else use the same account or has access?
Have you checked the other questions I asked?
Which account is affected? If Gmail then there’s several bugs with this & the Mail app.

Reaction score
Does anyone else use the same account or has access?
Have you checked the other questions I asked?
Which account is affected? If Gmail then there’s several bugs with this & the Mail app.

No one else has a ccess to my accounts
my main email accounts and I dont use GMail

Reaction score
Thanks.
I require to know which email provider it is - Yahoo, Hotmail/Outlook, iCloud or ISP.
Have you checked the Spam, Archive & deleted items/Trash folders?
Have you checked the account to see if ‘show all messages’ is checked?

Reaction score
To retrieve deleted messages in Windows Live Mail, follow the steps listed below:
  • First of all change the default settings
  • Go to File >> Options >> then Mail
  • Select Advanced Option >> Maintenance
  • Choose Empty Items from the Deleted Items Folder
  • Hit on Exit button to complete and save the process
And in case of POP3 Email Protocol:

For changing the POP3 settings, Go to File>> Options>> Email Account. Select the POP3 account and click on Properties and finally change the delivery status as per your requirement.

Reaction score
Chances are the account is set to hide emails after x number of days. Once the account is set to show all Mails the missing emails should appear

Reaction score
it is most likely because of storage settings forgive me if someone already said this but I am very sure you selected something in storage settings so after your email is read or becomes old it is deleted.

Ask a Question