Windows 10 mail

Reaction score
I have set this up the best I can; I have 2 different gmail accounts from prior install of a new software/hardware . New build; has been running since last April. I want to give this another go on 2 pc's. Tired of using Thunderbird as it is just way to slow. The two accounts have been updated but I am seeing no mail as I am seeing no mail folders at all; just shows my accounts in column on left side. Any help at all please. I really miss Windows Live Mail.

Reaction score
Click the little figure of a man on the left side.This should remove the account column. Then click the hollow square in the same area. You should now see your mail boxes. You should then work through the settings-

Reaction score
Ok; did that; shows the folders now in my first or primary account, but not for the next account. I click on the second account and it shows the previous folders. Plus the folders are empty but have mail in them on Gmail and thunderbird. Odd.

Reaction score
Ok. As said, work through the settings by clicking the cogwheel at the bottom.. First priority should be "Manage Accounts"

Hopefully, a member can offer better suggestions. I am not a "Mail" user so my help is tongue in cheek!
Alternatively, there are a couple of third party mail programs which are superior to the built in one, and better (in my opinion) than "Mail"

Have a look at Hiri - Free ( https://www.hiri.com/) and Emclient Free for up to two accounts unfortunately. https://www.emclient.com/

Reaction score
You are correct. I last used it a while ago.I have just had a looksie at my saved software and I see I have a promo code Just cannot remember where it came from. pity, it is really a good alternative.

Reaction score
might be a syncing issue . Still playing around with settings. Still miss Windows Live Mail. Worked perfectly for me and many others.

Reaction score
I needed to post again to correct an issue. On examination, I do not have a promotion code for Hiri. I installed it again, and found I had something called an "Ambassador" account had been automatically installed - it is totally free with all the functions. The only catch is the signature which goes out with the emails, has a small promotion text advertising the program... From all links, it seems that Hiri is in limbo, with no updated action for the past year. No problem that I can perceive, as everything works... Without input from me, except to add my Email address, it downloaded all my Mail and contacts automatically.

Reaction score
been away for a couple of days; will give windows mail another go; I don't like giving up. Just too bad thunderbird is to slow.

Reaction score
Back at Windows 10 mail again; busy days; so, as I am trying to get this to work properly for me, here is another idiot-syncrasy; in MAIL when I open up contacts lower left ( people ) I get a nice, ( sort of ) list of all my contact broken down for some reason under A, B, C etc.
Then, on the other hand, If I go into NEW MAIL and use the contact list on the right side (people again, I get a different contact list with as many as 3 to 4 Marion's, or Bobs or whatever all the way down. One chaotic list of contacts. What the hell is going on in here. And if I select say Craig it ends up as someone else over on say the list for Bcc. Lot of strange things happening here.

Reaction score
The second list I can possibly help with. (The duplicates)
Open "People" from the Windows menu and click this:
1.png

There you should see a list of possible different accounts you are using on your computer. Select the obvious main one. -Done

Reaction score
Interesting; went in and changed the filter settings to see what happens; even turned everything "unchecked". This setting had absolutely to effect on the "people list" generated while working in NEW MAIL. Still a long list of multiple entries with same name and data like email addresses. Now if I could find a separate filter for this people list it would likely work. I am talking about the PEOPLE ICON directly to the left of To: I use that icon even when entering items for Bcc. Almost all the peoplw have multiple entries up to 4.

f
NEW MAIL.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Did some more digging and the people list bottom left in windows mail is a different list than the one in NEW MAIL.
The list on bottom left is actually missing 27 "people" that are shown under NEW MAIL. The list was supposed to reflect my list in GMAIL as it did in thunderbird and windows live mail. It is like there is some sort of confusion with an older contact list from my past in a different version of windows or even under one of many previous email addresses. I would like to find a way for Microsoft to purge my complete history. Or I guess I could start a new accounts from scratch. No, that would just open a new can of worms. Getting weirder as I go along here.

Ask a Question