SOLVED Windows 10 Menu Not Working

Why can't i open Windows 10 Menu / cortana / apps

• Creating a new computer account/user (When i get told how when Windows not react on me clicking)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hire a profesional Windows worker from America, why not!? (Unless you are rich... nope)

• Throw a potato on the screen and give up.

• Total voters
Reaction score
So, i had this issue with Windows 8 too, but i could enter the Menu, but i could not successfully run apps that i did not personally install ( like my games/programs ).
Skype never worked, neither the STORE app, which i think is the main course of the problem, no STORE, no app function.
So i thought: "Hey! maybe windows 10 will fix my issues!"
*install complete*
"haha... nope, made it worse."

Now i have windows 10 and all my actions are limited trough the Desktop.
I can cheese it a little trough the RUN program, but nothing else.
I cant access Windows Menu, if i try open lets say Internet Explorer, an endless loading will happen, only way to cancel it is to go to task manager and force it down.
Many of my program icons in the desktop wont show, only if i refresh the screen, few will have their original icon back but not all.
I can mention, that when i had Windows 8, it sometimes told me (when i went and tried to fix the problems) that i was not connected to my Microsoft account, which if i understand, maybe the issue for the STORE too?
Either how, i could not connect in any way i tried.

What I have tried:
--- Creating new account: Nothing happens when i click "add new account to this computer", absolutely nothing!
i even tried using RUN with the command: lusrmgr.msc, yet from there i could do none, right-clicking did not open more options or anything.

--- CMD commands:
I tried the PowerShell method, no luck, unless there are more ways with PowerShell, i only tried one.
I tried the /scannow, i don't recall the whole code though.
I have probably tested more, but i cannot remember.

I have not tried:
--- Reseting computer:
I don't want to lose my programs at all, neither do i have anywhere to save it.

My Computer Build:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz
Installed memory (RAM): 8.00 GB
System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor
Display adapters: NVIDA GeForce GTX 980
Product ID: 00326-10000-00000-AA488

then there is this which i don't understand under "Computer name, domain and workgroup settings":
Workgroup: WORKGROUP

Note: I got no other notable issues, but too be sure, feel free to ask me to open / test something.
well, i got this one weird issue though, every time i start my computer a Sticky Notes warning box pops up saying: Not able to launch Sticky Notes. Issue with accessing the file.(Quit)
I never use sticky notes, so no problem there for me, but i believe that issue is connected to my main problem.
Maybe.

Thanks for any support given, sincerely, Yaroslav VZ.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
If you boot your computer into Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking, does it still exhibit the same issues?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Sorry, I was hoping that, that might help.
So i thought: "Hey! maybe windows 10 will fix my issues!"
*install complete*
"haha... nope, made it worse."
Well as you've discovered, upgrading a problem system will generally just bring the problems along with it, and can in fact exacerbate the underlying issues.

At this point I would be backing up all my critical data in preparation for what might have to come.

I suppose you could first attempt an in-place upgrade / repair.
With your system running, insert your installation media or mount the ISO and run setup.exe from there which will upgrade windows 10 in place, installing it over top of itself.
Make sure the little box is checked to obtain updates as part of the upgrade.
This should leave, all your programs, personal files / data, drivers and such intact and undisturbed, but......
I would still make a disk image / full system backup before going forward.

IF that doesn't do the trick, then I suppose I don't need to tell you what will almost certainly need to be done next.

Reaction score

Well as you've discovered, upgrading a problem system will generally just bring the problems along with it, and can in fact exacerbate the underlying issues.

At this point I would be backing up all my critical data in preparation for what might have to come.

With your system running, insert your installation media or mount the ISO and run setup.exe from there which will upgrade windows 10 in place, installing it over top of itself.
This should leave, all your programs, personal files / data, drivers and such intact and undisturbed, but......

IF that doesn't do the trick, then I suppose I don't need to tell you what will almost certainly need to be done next.

So i tried it, and it took 1 and a half hour to reach 3%, "Hell No!".
I used a 32GB Flash Drive to use the USB way instead of the ISO Disc burning method.
That's too slow, so i will do that another day though, when i won't have any needs of my computer at that day, and then I will reply the result.
But Thanks!
If there's anything more just throw it at me! :)

Reaction score

YES.
So reseting the computer fixed my problem!
And the reset did not take that long at all!
And, again, i did only lose half of my files, which i dont mind at all!
Thanks for the help though!
- Thanks.

Reaction score
YES.
So reseting the computer fixed my problem!
And the reset did not take that long at all!
And, again, i did only lose half of my files, which i dont mind at all!
Thanks for the help though!
- Thanks.

BUT, Just found out that i cannot login to Microsoft on the computer.
Connect the computer to microsoft.
Meaning that i can't download apps :c

Ask a Question