How to Solve Critical Error start menu and cortana aren't working issue Windows 10

Reaction score
SFC/SCANNOW IS NOT WORKING FOR ME I TRY 3 TIMES AND IT IS NOT FIX IT IS STEEL THE SAME PROBLEM START ICON IS NOT WORKIN.

Reaction score
It worked for me in first try and as i said in the video it worked for many but dint work for few....try one more option create a new user Account and login to new user account see if that helps you get the start menu

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Generally speaking you can at least temporarily resolve this by booting your PC into Safe Mode.
Use the power button on the welcome screen while holding the shift key and navigate through the options for Windows Startup choose #4 Safe Mode after restart.
Give it about five minutes in Safe Mode and then reboot.
Generally this fixes the issue, for a week to ten days and then it reoccurs......
Don't know why.
Microsoft is supposedly working on it. :rolleyes:

Reaction score
SFC/SCANNOW IS NOT WORKING FOR ME I TRY 3 TIMES AND IT IS NOT FIX IT IS STEEL THE SAME PROBLEM START ICON IS NOT WORKIN.

type the following command "chkdsk c:/f" if the one in the video dint work press enter type y(yes) and restart your pc "c drive" will be checked and you will get your Menu and Cortana Working...Do let me know if that works

Note- there is space between "k&c" while typing the command

Reaction score
Generally speaking you can at least temporarily resolve this by booting your PC into Safe Mode.
Use the power button on the welcome screen while holding the shift key and navigate through the options for Windows Startup choose #4 Safe Mode after restart.
Give it about five minutes in Safe Mode and then reboot.
Generally this fixes the issue, for a week to ten days and then it reoccurs......
Don't know why.
Microsoft is supposedly working on it. :rolleyes:
type the following command "chkdsk c:/f" if the one in the video dint work press enter type y(yes) and restart your pc "c drive" will be checked and you will get your Menu and Cortana Working...Do let me know if that works

Note- there is space between "k&c" while typing the command

Reaction score
I try the way you stated but it not workings steel the same.
Is there available windows 10 pro on DVD that I can get and formate my OS start new.

Reaction score
Windows 10 is a new operating system even if u format it there is a chance of "Critical Error" to occur again so wait for Windows 10 to solve the issue in the form of an update i guess it should happen soon millions of people are on windows 10 hopefully they do it soon or people are going to rollback to their previous operating system (Windows 7,8,8.1...)

Ask a Question