Windows 10: Missing Hard drive

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hanie, Jun 2, 2018.

1. hanie

hanie

Hi,

I've just install windows10 on my laptop. Os is on the SSD derive. I can't see my hdd derive in file explorer.
    But in the device manager I can see it without any letter assign to it.
    If I assign a letter to it, appears in the file manager; but every time I restart my laptop, It's letter will disappeared and I have to assign a letter to it manually through disk management.

Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks.

hanie, Jun 2, 2018
    1. Advertisements

2. hanie

Saltgrass

You might start by giving us a snipping tool picture of your Disk Management Window. Maybe we can see something.

It might be the system is not being recognized as a permanent drive. We may need to check such things as Attributes of the drive or trying to find out if is shows as a drive which can be ejected as a USB drive would.

Saltgrass, Jun 9, 2018
    1. Advertisements

3. hanie

emilywang

A partition without a drive letter will be hidden under "File Explorer". To assign a drive letter to an existing partition, please refer to the following command.

1. launch Windows 10 DiskPart with Administrator permission. One way is to type "diskpart" in the Search box, and then when diskpart appears in the search results, right-click it and select "Run as administrator". The other way is to press "Windows logo + R" keys and type "diskpart" in the box, and then click "OK".
    2. At the DISKPART> prompt, type "list disk" to display all the disks in your computer. Each one will have a disk number, starting with 0. An asterisk (*) under Gpt row means the disk is GPT partition style. Unless there is only one disk, you will have to tell DiskPart which disk to manage by using "select disk n" to give it focus. n represents the number of the disk.
    3. At the DISKPART> prompt, type "list volume" to display all the volumes on all disks. Each one will have a volume number, starting with 0. To tell DiskPart which volume to manage, you need to type "select volume n" to give it focus. n can be the number of the volume or the drive letter of the volume if has.
    4. Type "assign letter=F" (F can be replaced with another letter that has not been used yet).
    5. And then, you will receive a message says: DiskPart successfully assigned the drive letter or mount point.
    Besides, you can do this in another quite easy way with AOMEI Partition Assistant. Just a few clicks could make your job done.

emilywang, Jun 22, 2018 at 3:25 AM
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question